Software Engineering Instructor
We are looking for experts in Software Engineering to become part of our expert pool of immersive instructors. By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to share your knowledge with others, develop your mentorship and teaching skills, build your personal brand and join a global community of Software Engineering Immersive experts.
For our immersive programmes, you are required to be available for the duration of the immersive, 3 months, Monday to Friday, 9am -5pm.
- Flexible Scheduling - Choose a timing that works for you
- On-Going Training - Opportunity to train, research, and learn in the field of software engineering
- Global Connection - Collaborate with a growing network of fellow instructors and active Software Engineering communities
- Competitive pay - Opportunity to earn an additional income at an industry competitive rate
You will be responsible for both the in-person and virtual community strategy. You will be responsible for the following:
- Full-Stack Development - writing recursive algorithms, solving computational problems such as sorting, analysing algorithmic complexity using Big O Notation, building web forms that collect user data for storage in a database (powered by Structured Query Language (SQL), MongoDB (noSQL), front-end templating and libraries like Bootstrap.
- Front-End Frameworks - the ability to plan, write, test, deploy, and launch a full-stack app using cutting-edge, next-gen technology, deploy robust, modern front-end frameworks (i.e.,React, Angular, or Ember) on which powerhouse platforms like Amazon and Facebook are built, incorporate new patterns into front-end architecture, including custom behaviours, client-side models and data binding, form validation, and state management
Required skills of an ideal candidate:
- Lead Instructor - Minimum 5 years working experience in Software Engineering either in academia or industry
- Teaching Assistant - Less than 5 years with work experience in the industry and/or a relevant degree qualification e.g. Software Engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for teaching and mentoring others