Data Analytics Instructor
We are looking for experts in data analytics to become part of our pool of expert instructors. By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to share your knowledge with others, develop your mentorship and teaching skills, build your personal brand and join a global community of data analytics experts.
Our instructors come from a variety of backgrounds including full-time working professionals, freelancers and academics. What they share in common is a passion for sharing their knowledge and industry insights to build talent.
If you are selected to become part of our instructor pool, you will automatically be considered for instructor roles whenever relevant teaching opportunities arise. In general, we offer both online and onsite learning. Our full time classes run from Monday to Friday, 9-5 for 10 weeks and our part time classes are 2-3 hours in the evenings for 10 weeks. Our instructor manager will contact you to see if you are available to teach during the required times.
- Flexible Scheduling - Choose a timing that works for you
- On-Going Training - Opportunity to train, research, and learn in the field of data analytics on-the-job
- Global Connection - Collaborate with a growing network of fellow instructors and active data science communities
- Competitive pay - Opportunity to earn an additional income at an industry competitive rate
You will be responsible for both the in-person and virtual community strategy. You will be responsible for the following:
- Instruct learners on topics ranging from Introduction to Data Analytics, Interpretation of Data, Visualization, Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Prepare in advance for classes using the curriculum developed by General Assembly
- Review and provide feedback on assessments and classwork
- Provide insights into life in the industry
Required skills of an ideal candidate:
- Lead Instructor - Minimum 5 years working experience in data analytics either in academia or industry
- Teaching Assistant - Less than 5 years with work experience in the industry and/or a relevant degree qualification e.g. computer science
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for teaching and mentoring others