Python Programming Instructor
We are looking for experts in Python Programming to become part of our pool of expert instructors. By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to share your knowledge with others, develop your mentorship and teaching skills, build your personal brand and join a global community of Python Programming experts. Our instructors come from a variety of backgrounds including full-time working professionals, freelancers and academics. What they share in common is a passion for sharing their knowledge and industry insights to build talent. If you are selected to become part of our instructor pool, you will automatically be considered for instructor roles whenever relevant teaching opportunities arise. In general, we offer both online and onsite learning. Our classes are 2-3 hours in the evenings for 10 weeks. Our instructor manager will contact you to see if you are available to teach during the required times.
- Flexible Scheduling - Choose a timing that works for you, online or onsite
- On-Going Training - Opportunity to train, research, and learn in the field of Python Programming on-the-job
- Global Connection - Collaborate with a growing network of fellow instructors and active Python Programming communities
- Competitive pay - Opportunity to earn an additional income at an industry competitive rate
You will be responsible for both the in-person and virtual community strategy. You will be responsible for the following:
- Instruct learners on topics ranging from Python Programming Fundamentals, Control Flow, Object Oriented Programming and Troubleshooting in Python.
- Prepare in advance for classes using the curriculum developed by General Assembly
- Review and provide feedback on assessments and classwork
- Provide insights into life in the industry
Required skills of an ideal candidate:
- Lead Instructor - Minimum 5 years working experience in Python Programming either in academia or industry
- Teaching Assistant - Less than 5 years with work experience in the industry and/or a relevant degree qualification e.g. Python Programming, Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for teaching and mentoring others